The Turkish Government Scholarships are available to international students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees. The purpose of these scholarships is to encourage cross-cultural learning and assist gifted students from around the globe who wish to study in Turkey.
|All(Bachelor, Masters, PhD)
|February 20 2024
The Turkish government funds the worldwide scholarship program known as Türkiye Scholarships or Türkiye Bursları. The program is the biggest scholarship program for overseas students in Turkey, with 5,000 scholarships awarded annually. 165,500 students from 178 different countries apply for the scholarships.
International students pursuing higher education at the associate, undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral levels are eligible for the scholarships provided by this program. Enhancing people-to-people exchange and mutual understanding with different nations is the declared goal of the Türkiye Scholarships.
Benefits of Turkish Government Scholarships
For every educational level, Türkiye Scholarships has created distinct and tailored scholarship programs. It provides a wide range of eligible scholarship options, including joint scholarship programs established with internationally recognized universities, research and merit-based scholarships, long-term bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. scholarships, and art scholarships. The following are the benefits of the Turkish Government Scholarships:
- Offers department and university placements, in contrast to other higher education scholarship schemes.
- Pays for tuition.
- Enables you to take a one-year Turkish language course and learn the national language. As a result, your academic research has access to a wider range of materials, and your daily life is made more enjoyable.
- Offers lodging to international students upon their arrival.
- Pays for your one-time plane ticket and provides assistance throughout your travel to Turkey and your return home at the conclusion of your study term.
- Enables you to fully utilize public health services when needed if you have health insurance.
- Offers a monthly stipend as well. Each month, 3.500 TL for undergraduates, 5.000 TL for master’s students, and 6.500 TL for PhD students.
- Eligible candidates
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2024)
- Researchers and academics
- Minimum Academic Achievement
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- For graduate candidates: 75%
- For candidates in Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- Age Criteria
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 50
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Those who are now enrolled in educational programs in Turkish universities are eligible to apply.
Documents/Material Required to Apply
All applicants must upload the following files to the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS) to submit their applications online:
- a current passport, ID card, or identity document
- a recent year-old picture of the applicant
- Results of national exams, if any
- A diploma or a provisional certificate of graduation
- Transcript Results of any international exams (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.), if requested by the program or university of choice
- Results of international language exams, such as the TOEFL or DELF, if needed by the program or university of choice
- A research subject proposal and a written example of your completed work (only for PhD candidates)
Deadline for Turkish Government Scholarships for International Students
Each year, there are application windows for scholarships from January 10 to February 20.
There are usually multiple phases involved in the application process for international students seeking fully funded scholarships from the Turkish government. Here’s a general summary of what to anticipate:
- Go to the Türkiye Scholarships website and register during the application period.
- Upload all necessary files, including those related to extracurricular activities.
- List the colleges you want to attend.
- Compose a letter outlining your preferences, hopes, and future objectives.
- Once you’ve gone over each step, submit your application.
For more details, visit the official website.