HAN Scholarships for international students are available to non-EU students who want to enroll in HAN University’s bachelor’s or master’s degree programs.
|Study Level||Batchelor, Masters|
|Eligible Nationality||Non-EU/EEA students|
|Scholarship Application Dates||1 May and 19 October|
HAN University of Applied Sciences
One of the biggest applied science universities in the Netherlands is the HAN University of Applied Sciences, or HAN for short. Over 36,000 students can choose from bachelor’s and master’s degree programs there. In the Dutch province of Gelderland, HAN is a knowledge institute for higher education. It has campuses in Arnhem and Nijmegen as well as a research facility in Doetinchem.
HAN Scholarships for International Students
HAN University offers two types of scholarships to international students. These are HAN Holland and Honors scholarships.
1. HAN Holland Scholarships
Selected students might get financial aid through the merit-based HAN Holland Scholarships. Both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs are eligible for the scholarships.
HAN Holland Scholarship for Bachelor
You receive €2,500 in the first semester and €2,500 in the second semester as part of this scholarship. Following that, you can get € 2,500 annually for the subsequent three years of education. You must keep obtaining the necessary 45 credits annually in order to receive this.
HAN Holland Scholarship for Masters
5000$ scholarship is for one year master’s program. In the first semester, you get € 2,500, and in the second semester, you get € 2,500.
2. Honors Scholarship
There’s no need for you to apply separately for the Honors Scholarship. Students chosen for the study program by the academic board have excelled academically in their first year. Students who fulfilled the minimal criteria but are not awarded a HAN Holland scholarship are eligible for Honors Scholarship.
Honors Scholarship for Bachelor
In the second year, the payment begins at €2,500. You can then get € 2,500 for each subsequent year of study. You must earn the necessary 45 credits per year to receive this.
Honors Scholarship for Masters
The Honors award is a one-time, €2,500 grant made in the second semester.
- Nationality: Students from outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) are normally eligible for the HAN Holland Scholarships.
- Academic Excellence: Scholarships are frequently merit-based and given to students who have excelled in their academic studies. This usually entails having a high GPA or comparable academic achievement in prior studies.
- Admission to HAN University: You must have been admitted or accepted into a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at HAN University of Applied Sciences in order to be eligible for the HAN Holland Scholarships.
- English Language Certificate: You have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 90, a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, or a Cambridge Certificate (CAE or CPE).
- Never has been Enrolled before at HAN: You have never before been enrolled in a degree program at a Dutch university or University of Applied Sciences.
- Apply to HAN’s degree programs. Ensure that you are approved before the pertinent date listed below. Remember that certificates and diplomas need to be reviewed, so apply early. You’ve been accepted into the program and you satisfy all criteria for the scholarship.
- You’ll then get an email inviting you to submit an application for a scholarship.
- Follow the link in the email invitation and submit your scholarship application along with the following:
- a letter of motivation. Why will you succeed as a HAN student, is explained in this section.
- a short video of you. 3 minutes maximum. Describe the following:
- What would your former instructors or friends say about you?
- Describe yourself and the areas in which you shine.
- Tell us about the HAN course you selected to take.
- Visualize yourself as a member of a team. Which character, if any, would you play, and why?
- What do you want out of your career? In terms of your profession, where do you see yourself in ten years?
- a copy of your curriculum vitae
- Send a written scholarship acceptance. by the deadline specified in your letter of award notification.
|Event||February Intake||September Intake|
|Degree Program Application Deadline||1 October||1 April|
|Scholarship Application Deadline||19 October, 12 pm CEST||1 May, 12 pm CEST|
|Award Notification Email Date||3 November||20 May|
*Please be aware that only a few degrees are offered in February, and that all degrees begin in September.