Applications for the KU Leuven Master Mind Scholarship for deserving foreign students in 2024–2025 are now being accepted. For master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels, the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is providing this funding.
|€9,600 plus the waiver of tuition
|1-year or 2 year
|February 1, 2024
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, often known as KU Leuven, is a Catholic research university located in Leuven, Belgium. It was founded in Mechelen in 1834 by the Belgian Catholic bishops. Its goal is “to welcome any doctrine emanating from the Holy Apostolic See and to repudiate everything that did not flow from this august source.”
Benefits of the KU Leuven Master Mind Scholarship
The Government of Flanders awards thirty Master Mind Scholarships to worthy students enrolling in master’s degree programs in Flanders.
The winner of a Master Mind Scholarship will receive a prize of €9,600 in addition to tuition reimbursement. The only cost for recipients of the Master Mind Scholarship is an enrollment fee. Their living expenses, including lodging and insurance premiums, are mostly covered by the stipend, which is paid in installments.
If an application is submitted for a two-year Master’s degree, the scholarship is worth €9 600 for the academic year 2024–2025 and €9 600 for the academic year 2025–2026.
To apply for a Master Mind Scholarship, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- All nationalities are eligible, with the exception of Russian citizens.
- The student must submit an application to any master’s program that fits the prerequisites by February 1, 2024, at 23:59 CET.
- It is required of the student to indicate that he or she would desire to be considered for Master Mind by February 1, 2024, 23:59 CET.
- The pupil has exceptional potential and academic success. Excellent academic results are indicated by a high-grade point average (GPA), according to the transcript of records.
- Notwithstanding the minimum scores needed for the master’s degree, the student demonstrates a strong comprehension and command of the instruction language.
- Students who are enrolled in Flemish universities are not qualified. The only exception granted at the time of the scholarship application in the spring of 2024 will be to international students who are enrolled in a particular preparatory program with the goal of starting their master’s degree in September of that year.
- During the 2024–2025 academic year, students enrolled in the following programs are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarships:
- programs for getting ready,
- connecting programs and
- distant learning.
- The Master Mind grant cannot be used in conjunction with an Erasmus Mundus fellowship or any other Flemish government grant.
Documents/Material Required to Apply
Documents that need to be uploaded:
- passport photo
- National identification card or a foreign passport
- a resume that contains, if applicable, your publications, academic distinctions, and previous scholarships.
- Transcript of records; if not written in English, Dutch, French, or German, a certified translation needs to be attached.
- The English language proficiency exam results or the letter of exemption from the host university
- English-language motivational letter
- Two signed English-language reference letters from teachers at the University of Applied Sciences (and Arts), your (previous) home university, or your most recent place of employment.
- If the earned diploma is written in a language other than Dutch, French, German, or English, a certified translation needs to be included.
The Belgian KU Leuven Master Mind Scholarship application deadline is February 1, 2024.
The application period for KU Leuven 2024–2025 is currently open.
- Submit your application to the host institution.
- The host institution preselects the applications that meet the requirements.
- To start the application process for the Master Mind Scholarship, the host school prepares your application file in the Mobility-Online application program.
- You receive an email from Mobility-Online informing you that you have been pre-selected for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Use the Mobility-Online tool to register and complete your application file there before the deadline.
- The host institution uses Mobility-Online to confirm and upload the completed application file before the deadline.