Leiden University Free Online Courses are available to learners from all over the world. Leiden University offers more than 35 online courses for students to choose from. These Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have each drawn tens of thousands of students from around the globe.
Located in Leiden, Netherlands, Leiden University is a public research institution. It is the oldest school of higher learning in the Netherlands and was established as a Protestant university in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange. The university houses more than forty national and international research institutions throughout its seven academic faculties and more than fifty subject departments.
Leiden University Free Online Courses
Leiden University offers free online academic courses that anybody can access from anywhere in the world. The first Dutch university to do so was Leiden University, which began providing MOOCs in 2013. Now that MOOCs have been developed, everyone can participate in academic education, regardless of their age, location, or degree of education. Participating in a MOOC can help you advance your knowledge in a particular subject, refresh your memory, or build new abilities.
Advantages of Leiden University Free Online Courses
One of the top research universities in Europe is Leiden University. This well-known position gives its graduates a competitive edge and equips them for employment in academia and beyond. The following are the benefits of the Leiden University Free Online Courses:
- The course instructors are the top experts in their fields. They create peer-reviewed homework and online video lectures. Participants in the course collaborate online, in a worldwide classroom, while taking assessments and exchanging ideas on discussion boards. Upon payment of a small charge, an officially validated certificate can be obtained at the conclusion of a MOOC.
- All you need to participate in a MOOC is an internet-connected computer, phone, or tablet because they are entirely online. The classes are free, and there are no predetermined prerequisites in terms of degree or credentials.
- The topics are quite varied, ranging from international law to terrorism and from kidney transplantation to mindfulness. To stay current, the courses are updated frequently. More than 1 million students from 196 nations are enrolled in the course.
How to Enroll for Leiden University Free Online Courses
To enroll for Leiden University Free Online Courses, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Coursera website: Use your web browser to visit the Coursera website.
- Create an Account or Sign In: Create a Coursera account or login in with your credentials if you already have one. To register for classes if you don’t already have one, establish an account. Either your Google account or your email address can be used to sign up.
- Explore Leiden University Courses: After logging in, use the search bar to seek “Leiden University” courses to learn more about the courses offered by Leiden University. The following URL will take you directly to Leiden University’s Coursera page: https://www.coursera.org/leiden
- Browse Available Courses: A list of the courses Leiden University offers on Coursera may be found on their page. Find the courses that interest you by looking through the ones that are offered.
- Enroll in a Course: To see more information about the course you wish to enroll in, click on it. When enrolling, look for the “Audit” option to see if the course is free. If there is an audit option, you can access the course materials without paying a fee.
- Start Learning: After enrolling in the course, you can access the readings, lectures, and assignments at your convenience.