Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships give experienced scholars with a solid worldwide reputation a place to conduct their research at the EUI. One of the four Departments of the EUI offers up to ten-month fellowships, during which time fellows are invited to take part in departmental events (such as seminars, workshops, colloquia, etc.).
|European University Institute
|monthly stipend is € 3,000
|30 March and/or 30 September (14:00 CEST)
Duration and Location
There is a 10-month maximum on the fellowship. Candidates must specify how long they plan to remain in their applications, however depending on funds, the hosting department may suggest a different and/or shorter time to successful candidates. Normally, fellowships are not given out in the months of July and August.
In order to actively participate in the scholarly pursuits of their Department, fellows are required to reside in Florence for the term of their fellowship.
The Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships allowance is €3,000 per month. Successful candidates whose primary residence is located within 90 kilometers of Florence will have their grant amount fixed at a reduced rate. There is no allowance for travel costs. Costs associated with removal or installation are not covered.
Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships Eligibility
To apply for Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Academics with an established reputation internationally are eligible for the fellowships. After three years have passed after the end of their last employment with the EUI, former professors or fellows of the EUI are eligible.
- All candidates are eligible, regardless of nationality.
- Fellows should be proficient in both English and any other language that is necessary for the planned research.
Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships application deadlines are 30 March and/or 30 September each year.
- Applications for the 30 March and 30 September deadlines are taken into consideration by the Department of Economics.
- Only applications submitted by the 30 March deadline for fellowships during the next academic year (September to June) are taken into consideration by the Department of Law.
- Only applications received by the deadline of September 30 for fellowships for the following academic year (September to June) are taken into consideration by the Department of History and Civilization.
- Department of Political and Social Sciences: Only submissions received by the deadline of September 30 for fellowships for the following academic year (September to June) are taken into consideration.
- Prepare your CV (a succinct resume of no more than five pages, highlighting your education, professional experience, honors, and other noteworthy accomplishments) in PDF format, along with a chosen list of publications (a list of your books, book contributions, and significant professional journals).
- Create a 2-4 page research proposal in PDF.
- Use common worldwide fonts; stay away from password-protected attachments, unusual characters, and macros.
- Reference Letters: While reference letters are not required at this time, candidates are invited to supply the names and contact information of two referees that the EUI may get in touch with in the future.
The Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships application process is divided into two main stages:
- Submit an application.
- Send in your application before the cutoff date
Once your application has been registered, you are free to keep working on the application’s specifics and attachments up until the submission date. Only submit the application once you are certain that all the fields are completed accurately and that the final version of all the attachments has been successfully uploaded. Your application cannot be updated or changed once it has been submitted.